Did you know, your smile’s health changes with you as you age? Yes, it’s true! Your teeth and gums all age and may have an increased risk of discoloration and gum disease as you get older. If you neglect your oral health routines, you can be placing your smile at risk for severe problems that might be painful or costly in your life.
Our doctor, Dr. Anderson Lane, is happy to help you with your oral health care needs. As a result, our team at Anderson Lane Dental in Austin, Texas, is happy to share with you information on how your smile’s health can change as you age.
Here are some fundamentals on aging and dental health:
– For reliable flossing tools, use interdental cleaners that can clean between each tooth.
– To improve your aging health care, seek out safe and reliable tools for brushing twice a day.
– Promote a healthy lifestyle that includes a healthy diet free of substances that can damage your teeth and gums.
– Visit our doctor for regular checkups and examinations.
– Eliminate bad habits from your life that can damage your smile, including smoking, using drugs or drinking alcohol.
– As you age, cleaning your mouth out becomes more difficult, so switch to easy to operate apparatuses such as electric toothbrushes and water flossers.
Your oral health is essential and should not be neglected. If you have questions about your oral health, or if it’s time for you to come visit us for a dental checkup, please call us today at 512.459.4347 to make an appointment. Our friendly dental team is happy to help you with your smile’s needs.