Do you feel anxious or nervous about visiting the dentist? Do you suffer from dental phobia? If so, you may benefit from conscious sedation dentistry. Conscious sedation is a safe, effective form of sedation that involves taking a sedative medication before your visit to our office. By the time of your appointment with Dr. Pevow and Dr. Robbins, you will feel calm and relaxed. The effects of conscious sedation last for several hours, so be sure to have a family member or friend available to drive you to and from your appointment. Our skilled dentists and dental team will carefully monitor you throughout your treatment to ensure your safety. You will remain awake and able to respond to any questions or instructions from our team, but you may not remember certain portions of your treatment. Sedation dentistry in Austin, Texas may be a good option for patients who:
- Suffer from dental phobia or dental anxiety
- Have had negative experiences at the dentist in the past
- Would like extensive dental treatments completed in less time
- Have difficulty getting numb
- Find it difficult to get comfortable in the dental chair because of back pain or other conditions
To learn more about conscious sedation dentistry and how we can enhance your experience at Anderson Lane Dental, we welcome you to call or visit us today.