Are you actively protecting your smile this holiday season against the risks of halitosis? Halitosis, also known as bad breath, can arise in your mouth due to oral ailments, plaque buildup, and underlying conditions in your body. To help keep your smile safe, establish an effective prevention and treatment checklist for bad breath.
– Mouthwash is an extremely useful form of bad breath treatment as it can help eradicate the bacteria that often cause bad breath.
– Implement effective oral health care procedures by brushing twice daily and flossing once-daily to keep your smile free of plaque build-up and food debris.
– Stay away from unhealthy habits such as smoking and chewing tobacco, as they can lead to bad breath.
– Dry mouth can lead to a decrease in saliva flow, which is a known risk factor for bad breath.
– You can enhance your saliva flow with crunchy or watery foods or by chewing sugarless gum.
– Routinely visit your dentist for oral examinations and routine check-ups.
– Visit your dentist for bi-annual professional cleanings every six months.
– Your tongue can be a haven for bad bacteria, so always clean it with a toothbrush or tongue scraper.
There has never been a better time to receive bad breath treatments in Austin, Texas. You are welcome to schedule an appointment at Anderson Lane Dental by calling us at 512.459.4347. Dr. Anderson Lane looks forward to enhancing your smile!