Did you know that using mouthwash in addition to brushing your teeth twice daily and flossing regularly can help your teeth resist cavities, plaque, gingivitis, tooth decay, xerostomia - a fancy word that means a lack of saliva - AND prevents bad breath? It does. If you're not using mouthwash, you should be! Why do you need to use mouthwash... read more »
- Dental Implants Are a Solution to Replacing Lost Teeth
- Bad Habits to Avoid If You Want Healthy Teeth and Gums
- Your Toothbrush Has Come a Long Way to Keep Your Teeth and Gums Healthy
- Good Oral Health Starts in the Home and Continues With Great Dental Care
- Aging and Dental Health: Don’t Let Time Rob You of the Healthy, Beautiful Smile You Deserve!
Your saliva production can be affected by many things, anything from dehydration to medical conditions and medications. When saliva is reduced, you may experience a condition called dry mouth, or xerostomia. Dry mouth happens when the salivary glands which produce saliva in the mouth decrease production, making the mouth feel drier than normal. No. 1. Dehydration may develop from excess... read more »